The cultural mix of Sydney is reflected in UTS. UTS is a fun place to be with about 45,000 students from 120 different nations! UTS, a university in the center of the city, emphasizes innovation in its worldwide approach to education. Because we closely link all of our courses with market demands, this is a university that prepares you for the real world and your future job.
UTS Ranking & Achievements
The global rankings of universities below show where UTS stands in the world.
QS Top 50 under 50 years of age 2019
#1 young university
QS World University Rankings 2022
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a leading Australian university with over 45,000 students and a reputation for practical, industry-focused learning. It has nine faculties, innovative research institutes and centers’, and a new state-of-the-art campus in the heart of Sydney’s CBD.
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) has nine faculties, including Arts and Social Sciences, Design, Architecture and Building, Engineering and Information Technology, Law, Science, Graduate School of Health, Business School, Institute for Public Policy and Governance, and Centre for the Advancement of Indigenous Knowledges.
Reviews of UTS
To really understand the actual standards and education level of University of technology, Sydney; here are some reviews from experienced students:
Benefits of Studying in UTS
Among the many benefits of studying in UTS; some of the core ones are:
- International students can experience a dynamic and active academic and social life at the UTS Broadway campus, which is located in the center of Sydney.
- UTS offers private health and counseling services to assist overseas students in completing their degrees. Students can feel protected here, which encourages mental space and progress.
- For overseas students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, research, and exchange degrees, UTS has one of Australia’s most lucrative funding programs.
- UTS is a fun place to be with about 42,600 students from 120 different nations. You can meet a variety of people and create connections.
Requirements for Entry
These are the requirements for international students to enter UTS.
Some courses may have additional entry requirements beyond these academic ones. On the course details page for your chosen course or courses, look up the admission requirements. In general, you would need to
1. have completed a full NSW HSC or equivalent with an ATAR of 69 (excluding adjustment points)
2. or a UTS Foundation Studies course, a recognized tertiary preparation course, an associate diploma, an AQF diploma, or an advanced diploma (any one)
3. or a year of full-time tertiary study from a single course at the same institution
4. be at least 20 years old as of 1 March for the intake year
English Language requirements
All students at UTS must meet English language competency criteria in order to enroll in any course. In specific courses, you might be asked for a score of 7.0 overall in IELTS, but most courses would ask for 6.5 overall with 6.0 in writing. If you opt for PTE, your score should be 58-64 with a writing score of 50.
UTS Courses & Tuition Fees
These are the popular undergraduate courses available in UTS.
These are the popular postgraduate courses available in UTS.
AUD 19,840(2 years) AUD 47,184(1 year)
Human Resource Management
Scholarships & Fundings for International Students in UTS
- 1. UTS Vice-Chancellor’s International Undergraduate Scholarship – Full tuition scholarship for the standard course duration.
- 2. Undergraduate Academic Excellence International Scholarship – 25% tuition fees scholarship for the duration.
- 3. UTS Foundation Studies Scholarship – 25% tuition fees scholarship for the standard course duration.
- 4. UTS International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarship – 50% tuition fees scholarship for the standard course duration.
- 5. Postgraduate Academic Excellence International Scholarship – 35% or 25% off tuition fees for the standard course duration.
International Research Scholarship – Full tuition scholarship for the standard course duration.
UTS Application Process and Deadlines
Step 1) Select course and select when you want to start
Step 2) Complete application process. You can submit an online application or send a hard copy of your application.
Step 3) Provide the documents needed. These are:
English language proficiency
Details of gap in education (if any)
Details of work experiences (if required)
Portfolio (for selected courses)
Details of disability or any medical conditions
Step 4) The application fee
Step 5) Submit application through mail, in person or through an UTS representative like Executive Study Abroad.
Step 6) Receive the acknowledge letter showcasing the receipt of application
Step 7) Accept the offer.
Anytime is a good moment to apply to UTS. Application deadlines for each teaching session are as follows:
- Fall semester (February/March)
Candidates who are not Australian citizens: 30 November
- Winter session (July start)
Applicants who are not Australian citizens: April 30
- Spring Session (November)
Candidates who are not Australian citizens: 30 August
Applications submitted after the deadline won’t be accepted. To ensure that you have enough time to arrange your Australian student visa and enroll at UTS, it is best to apply early.
UTS boasts a vibrant international exchange study and research program that prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and the future, as well as a campus life that is culturally diverse. The UTS City Campus is situated near Central Station and Railway Square, on the southern edge of Sydney’s central business district. There are hundreds of teaching, research, student, and staff spaces spread throughout more than 20 campus buildings.
- 1. Student spaces for hanging out, studying, group work and outdoor activities
- 2. Computer labs available 24/7
- 3. Teaching laboratories with latest scientific equipments
- 4. UTS Super Lab
- 5. Crime Scene simulation lab
- 6. Taphonomic Experimental Research facility
- 7. Chinese Medicine Clinic
- 8. Stroud Field Station
The center of the action is the UTS Library. You can choose from a sizable selection both online and offline, computer accessibility, group-friendly spaces, or if you simply want a more creative study area. On one of the levels, according to rumors, there are slumber pods.
UTS is a technology-focused university in the heart of Sydney, Australia. Its modern and diverse campus encourages innovation and practical learning, and provides state-of-the-art facilities and student support services.
The university has a diverse student population from different countries, which adds to the multicultural atmosphere on campus. UTS is also known for its modern and innovative architecture, which includes a number of award-winning buildings.
Cost of Living in Sydney
International students must prove to the Department of Home Affairs that they have access to at least A$21,041 per year to cover their living expenses in Australia; this amount rises if you are bringing a partner or dependents.
UTS believes that you should have access to between $24,492 and $32,292 to sustain yourself while you’re pursuing your education.
Cost (in AUD)
Rent for shared housing per person with a quick commute to UTS
$250-$430/week for shared space
$4 to $24 depending on activity
How can Executive Study Abroad help you?
Executive Study Abroad acts as an agency through which you can submit your online application to UTS. If you are confused about the application process, Executive Study Abroad will help you with proper advice and make sure your process goes smoothly and you land into your dream university in Australia.
UTS is a fantastic location to study in general. The majority of the buildings have all undergone extensive repairs, and it is situated in the center of Sydney. Excellent facilities are available, and class sizes have always been moderate with proper spaces.
The environment is safe and allows you to have multiple meaningful experiences. It is a well known university worldwide, which means that companies would be eager to hire you as well, depending on your qualifications.